Those who do not remember the past are condemned to low wages, managerial mistreatment, and old age poverty. What kind of boss do you think the underhanded, contemptuous, and inflexible Scott Walker will be to work for? While Martin Ritt was not an exceptional film stylist, his origins in the 1930s Group Theater led to films often of compelling social interest and conception, with strong dramatic parts that garnered thirteen Oscar nominations for acting, including three wins, as for Sally Field below, in her lead role as the real life Norma Rae.
- CineFile: The Crowd (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile – Paths of Glory (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile – The Farewell Waltz (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile – Five Easy Pieces (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile – The Film Music of John Barry (sadredearth.com)
- CineFile – Basquiat (sadredearth.com)